Information We Collect
Registration, Payment and Personal Information. Depending on your desired level of engagement with Schmoozyshops, you can elect to submit via the Website information that may include your name, e-mail address, account password and security question responses, phone number, birthday, gender, photo or avatar, social media "handles," etc. If you want to execute a sale transaction, we will collect further payment information such as your credit card number, expiration date and billing address (“Payment Information”, which we do not view or retain, but is utilized by our payment processor via its interface with the Website). Before you participate in a Schmoozyshops affiliate program through which you have the potential to earn commissions treated as income, you must also submit tax-reporting information to us, e.g., the information required by the Internal Revenue Service's Form W-9. Should you utilize your account with us in conjunction with one of your social media accounts, we may obtain the name, user name, profile picture, e-mail address, and other disclosed demographics associated with that account. Additionally, when requesting and performing various activities on the Website, you may provide us personal information that will facilitate our effective response to those requests, including items such as consumer preferences and personal interests (collectively, along with all preceding items in this paragraph, “Personal Information”).
Location-Based Information. When you use the Website, we will collect location-based data (“LBI”) from you, such as identifying locations where you use the Website, or make a Schmoozyshops transaction. We may use LBI to provide you listings of nearby Market Participants, targeted coupons, special offers, etc. Certain Website functions may be dependent on LBI, and your withholding of LBI may prevent or materially limit certain Website functionality. You are able to discontinue providing LBI. If you initially consent to our collection of LBI, you can subsequently stop it at any time by changing the preferences on your device or discontinuing use of the Website.
Transaction Data. We may collect information related to your use of the Website, including, without limitation, Market Participants with whom you Transact, search features you utilize, items browsed, sold, or purchased, and amounts spent or earned (“Transaction Data”).
Use of Information
Blind Data. We may use compiled and analyzed Information to monitor and improve the Website, including the generation of non-personally identifiable, non-demographic aggregated information and usage statistics (“Blind Data”). You hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free license to use Information we collect from you to generate Blind Data. If we collect or generate Blind Data, it will be owned by us and we may use it for any lawful business purpose without further consideration.
- We may share certain Personal Information, LBI and Transaction Data (excluding Payment Information) with certain Market Participants, advertisers, and product and service providers, as applicable, to improve their products, services, and marketing, and to provide you individualized offers and discounts.
- If you make a purchase via the Website, the Website will automatically transmit your encrypted Payment Information to our payment processor (the “Payment Vendor”). During payment, this information is likely to be provided to financial institutions, processors, payment card associations, and other entities that are part of the payment or transfer process. Please be advised that, though we will not, a Payment Vendor may store your Payment Information. Processing may involve evaluation of card suspension or cancellation, and payment and balance data. Except as described here, we will not access, decrypt or store your Payment Information.
- We may also provide Information to our agents, technology vendors and contractors on a “need-to-know” basis for the purpose of providing the Website's services. They are required to keep the Information confidential, and may not use it for any purpose other than to perform services for us, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may submit any information we have regarding an alleged violation of law involving the Website to law enforcement, or to other governmental or regulatory entities (including pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; or upon reasonable belief that a violation of applicable law has occurred). We may also submit such information as is required to establish our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may assign and transfer the Information to a third-party successor-in-interest in connection with, or in negotiation of: a merger, acquisition, sale of substantially all our assets or stock, or similar change-in-control transaction; a financing event; or a bankruptcy or dissolution proceeding.
- Should you obtain the Information of another Market Participant or other user of the Website, you are expressly forbidden from sharing such Information unless you have express written consent from that party.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect Information via maintenance of standard physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. Despite our actions and precautions, no Internet data transmissions are completely secure; they are subject to theft, fraud, destruction, alteration, disclosure, unauthorized access and other misuse. Some potential features you use, such as messaging and e-mail, inherently share Information that can be collected and used by others.
The security of your Schmoozyshops account depends on you performing your responsibility to control access to your systems, devices and applications, including maintaining physical possession of your devices, and keeping your passwords and security codes confidential, without sharing them with anyone. It is also your responsibility to alert us, and your Internet service or wireless provider, if you believe your device, or the security of information accessed via the Website has been compromised. You agree to cooperate with us in any security investigation, and to use any fraud prevention measures we prescribe.
You agree that there is risk involved in your transmission of Information to us, some of which is unavoidable and may be: (a) incurred because of circumstances out of our control; or (b) inherent to all similar Internet transmissions. To the greatest extent permissible under applicable law, we are not responsible for the security or privacy of any Information you choose to submit to us.
Third-Party Websites and Technologies.
Retention and Disposal of Personal Information.
We retain Information to provide, maintain, and augment our services, and to comply with legal requirements and standard business practices. We retain Information for as long as: (a) we have a business need to do so; or (b) applicable laws, regulations, or government orders require. When we dispose of Information, we use reasonable procedures to erase or render it unreadable (for example, shredding documents and wiping electronic media). We may retain Blind Data for so long as it is relevant to our business model, in our discretion.
Privacy of Children.
Information collected through the Website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we, or our affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or contractors, maintain facilities or Internet infrastructure. By using the Website, you consent to any such foreign transmission.
Updating Your Information.
- You may update or correct Information about yourself, or deactivate your account, at any time by logging into your Schmoozyshops account or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schmoozys, LLC maintains a Chief Privacy Officer, who may be reached at email@example.com.